Long distance hiker Gordon DuBois will share his experiences on the trail including topics such as the encroachment of non-native species of plants on the balds of VA and NC; wild boar habitat damage; management of the bear population; feral bee decline; maintenance of the trail; and efforts to preserve the wildness of the trail in populated areas.
- Annual Meeting & Free Program
- Thursday, June 14, 2012
- 5:30 pm: Hors d’oeuvres & pot luck supper
- 7:00 pm: Brief business meeting
- 7:30 pm: The Appalachian Trail program
- The Loon Center
- Lees Mill Rd. Moultonborough
- Handicapped accessible.
- Contact: The Loon Center at 476-5666